Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you…”
Purpose (Why are we doing this?)
The purpose of Rhema Christian School is to provide a Christ-centred education where God is honoured in all aspects of curriculum, school activity, and community engagement, and to foster a desire in our students to seek and serve the Lord in every area of their lives.
Vision (Where are we going?)
Rhema Christian School will grow as a dynamic, Christ-centred learning community that cultivates our students’ God-given gifts and talents and prepares them to influence their world for Christ.
Mission (How are we going to get there?)
Rhema Christian School will educate, equip and enable students to seek and serve the Lord through excellent facilities, relevant programs, and effective resources within a caring community environment.
Rhema Christian School acknowledges the trust placed in the school by its parents. In the spirit of community that occurs between the home and school the following primary values direct all aspects of Rhema Christian School.
For Our Parents:
- We involve parents as partners in the student learning process and therefore respect their perceptions, needs, and impressions.
- We communicate with parents in timely, truthful, respectful, constructive, accurate, and appropriately confidential ways. We communicate our mission statement clearly.
For Our Students: We believe:
- All children can learn.
- All children have the right to learn.
- All children are expected to learn.
- All students have the right to a comfortable learning environment.
- We use lesson material and teaching strategies that reflect students’ varying backgrounds, learning styles, energy levels, and developmental needs.
For Our Staff:
- We interact with students in ways that affirm their dignity, reflecting the truth that all children are made in God’s image and therefore, are of equal worth.
- We provide our children with clear performance and behaviour expectations.
- We provide education that is rooted in the Word of God.
- We present opportunities to challenge students to joyfully accept God’s promises.
- We select qualified staff members who share our vision.
- We set realistic expectations and encourage professional growth.
- We encourage and assist staff to contribute meaningfully and intelligently, involving them in decision-making and teamwork where possible.
- We affirm, support, and respect each other, showing sensitivity to each other’s concerns, ideas, feelings, styles, and needs as well as appreciation for each other’s gifts.
- We encourage and support continuing professional development, often using staff members’ expertise to nurture growth and development.